I'll be honest. I NEVER, EVER reach for it. I'll be more honest, it is not a good product.
What's makes Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure less than stellar? Let me count the ways:
1. Incredibly sheer. I can put on ten "layers" and it's still sheer. It's definitely does not have buildable coverage.
2. Staying power is abysmal. Maybe two hours maximum... if I don't do anything but sit prettily and not move my mouth. Yeah, right. In real life wear it's gone after an hour.
3. Highlights lip texture. Self explanatory. I have naturally wrinkly lips, so I'm pretty critical on this one.
4. Glitter. It's chunky, sparse, gritty silver glitter. Gross. Plus, it sticks around long after the color has faded. Look you can even see it in the product, flecks of chunky glitter!
5. Insanely expensive. Of course the price varies by location, but expect to pay around $7-10 dollars. For what? A small amount of product that barely shows up and fades after an hour? NO THANKS!
It has one redeeming quality. It's a gorgeous nude milky warm petal pink... when swatching. If Revlon was smart it would revamp this color by taking out the glitter and upping the pigment. I would definitely buy it then. As is, this product is an utter failure.
See the pretty color? Too bad it doesn't show up.
|Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure Swatch with Flash|
|Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure Swatch in Natural Light|